As we know, emotions are the number one cause of blockages in our body, mind and Spirit. Extreme emotions such as over excitement and deep sorrow are both causes for blockages in our heart. When we experience such emotions, especially continuously over time, we create obstructions in the heart channel affecting the flow of our blood which can result in a heart attack or the inability to think clearly, make decisions and trust the truth of our heart. Blockages can affect emotions and emotions can create blockages.
Of course this is why it is so important to keep our heart channels open. A balanced body and balanced emotions will help us to respond to challenges in a conscious and proactive way where unbalanced emotions may create a downward spiral of negative emotions and consequences, leading to even more blockages and challenges.
The slow moving and deep breathing exercises of Qigong help to cool this fire energy and the blood, balancing the yin and yang energy and grounding us to the earth's magnetic field. We bring our focus to our body and the present moment, letting go of any emotions, worries or doubts. This mindfulness and connection to the earth allows our body to active its innate healing potential.
The primary SFQ active exercise for keeping our heart channel open is Moving of Yin and Yang. This exercise also help to keep our central channel open, align our spine and help to balance and heal all of our vital organs.
Qi~Tips for healing and balancing your Heart and calming your emotions:
- Calm extreme emotions by drinking a glass of ice water. This will dowse the fire and ground the energy.
- Go for a brisk walk in nature to calm and ground your energy before doing Moving of Yin and Yang.
- Cup armpits briskly and massage centre of your armpits, starting with left.
- Cup inside of elbow, starting with left.
- Massage centre of your palms, left 1st, and/or clap your hands together activating same point.
- Massage your pinky and middle fingers.
*Remember to Breathe and SMILE when doing all of above, as Master Lin says: Start My Internal Love Engine. Focusing on your heart and imagining the colours red or pink while feeling gratitude, happiness or love in your heart is also very healing. Smile and allow your heart to Shine <3!